Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Would you like some wine with that?

Picture it: Kingsville, 2010... a Sunday evening with eleven people snuggled around our dining room table as I host my first wine tasting dinner at the house.

A glass of Prosecco greeted everyone upon arrival and gave us time to put the final touches on dinner. Caesar salad with homemade dressing started the meal, followed by pork tenderloin with risotto and asparagus, finished off with mini sponge cakes topped with mixed fresh berries and a dollop of vanilla yogurt.

I poured four wines with the meal, each from a different winery in the Erie Shores region: a crisp riesling, an oaky chardonnay, a light rose (sorry, no accents on this laptop) and a medium-bodied pinot noir. The consensus was that the rose was the best match with dinner. With dessert, I served a late harvest cabernet, which was ideal with the fruit and yogurt.

What's next? Who knows? My calendar is practically empty and I'm open to all offers and requests - and challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment